Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) Systems Manufacturer
Sustainable and Energy-Efficient ZLD Systems in India
GPT provides complete system and solutions for ZLD. We are a water and wastewater treatment plant manufacturer and supplier providing advanced brine minimisation solutions for various industries.
Our proprietary Sustainable Brine Shrinker (SBS©) system based on hybrid Forward Osmosis Membrane (FO) technology is an advanced membrane-based system that effectively treats and recycles complex industrial wastewater for Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) applications.
We can custom-build and provide ZLD plant of capacities ranging from 5 to 500 m3/day capacity capable of treating high TDS, high COD and high turbidity wastewater effectively.
Conventional thermal technologies such as multi-stage evaporator (MEE) and crystallization system often require high capital investment, expensive equipment setup and increased operation and maintenance (O&M) costs.
The SBS© system offers economical and sustainable alternative over traditional route and it helps to achieve reduction in evaporation and drying load.
GPT has developed patented SBS© system offering multiple benefits. SBS© has been tested successfully and implemented commercially for effluent treatment plant in India in various industries.
Advantages of SBS©
- 70% water recovery
- >13% concentrate TDS
- excellent salt rejection with <1000 ppm of product water TDS
- 8 to 12 kWh/m3 of energy consumption
- 50% reduction in O&M costs and 30% reduction in capital investment due to reduced load on evaporator/dryer system
- less chemical use
- integrated and modular structure
GPT's typical ZLD system will consist of:
- Primary treatment
- Secondary treatment system involving advanced Membrane Bioreactor (MBR Technology)
- Optional Reverse Osmosis (RO) system to achieve desired brine concentration
- Forward Osmosis membrane system for tertiary treatment and enhanced brine recovery
- Compact and downsized evaporator/dryer system
Advantage of GPT's ZLD System
Meeting strict compliances of regulatory bodies
Excellent product water quality
Reliable and robust operations
Less operation and maintenance costs
Simple operation and easily deployable
Industries using ZLD
Chemical and process industry
Textile, dyes and intermediate
Food and beverage
Pharma and Life sciences
Sugar and distilleries
Paper and pulp