Ultrafiltration (UF) is a low-pressure membrane filtration process for water treatment to remove suspended solids, colloids, bacteria and viruses.
Ultrafiltration (UF) is typically a hollow fiber configuration where feed water flows either inside the fiber (inside-out) or outside (outside-in) of the fibers. Typical pore size of the UF membrane is 0.05 to 0.3 microns and operating pressure is in the range of 3 to 8 barg (300 to 800 kPa).
Suspended solids, particles, colloids and solutes of high molecular weight are effectively rejected, while water and low molecular weight solutes pass through the membrane.
Ultrafiltration (UF) system removes the need of spacious and chemical-consuming coagulation, flocculation and settler unit operations and thus it is compact, modular and sustainable. Ideally UF is placed as a pretreatment to Nanofiltration (NF) or Reverse Osmosis (RO) system.
GreenPebble Technologies uses custom-made UF modules that are giving high water flux, less fouling, longer membrane life and cost advantage.
Our Ultrafiltration (UF) membrane and system provides flexibility to operate in a range of conditions that can be optimized for a specific water source to reduce operating costs.
We provide following options for UF membrane
Materials:- PES or PVDF
Pore Size:- 0.3-0.8 micron
Size:- 4″, 6″ and 8″ diameter and 30″, 40″ and 46″ length
MWCO:- 100-300 kDa
Operation:- Outside- In
Module:- End Cap- UPVC, Body- ABS/PVC
Benefits of Ultrafiltration (UF):
- Removal of pathogens, bacteria etc.
- No need chemical addition (coagulants, flocculants, chlorination, dichlorination, disinfectants)
- Consistent and high product water recovery (> 90 %)
- Removal of total suspended solids > 0.1 micron
- Rapid start up with low system operation and maintenance cost
- Excellent filtration performance with longer membrane life
- Out-to-in configuration allows for less plugging and higher solids loading, higher flow area and easier cleaning
- Periodic back washing and air scouring improves performance and extends operating life of membranes by removing the fouling layer
- Simple, vertical modular design allows low cost, compact systems
- Modular technology allows client a phased purchase schedule
- The technology is highly energy efficient and easily adapts to load variations